Reports to: Production Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Please note that we have full time positions as well as temporary positions. All qualified applicants will be referred to and assessed by a staffing agency.
Manufacturing Assembler will perform various manufacturing tasks in support of company goals, guidelines, and regulatory requirements to produce components by assembling parts and sub-assemblies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned from time to time.
- Build assemblies using work instructions, work orders, and drawings as a guide.
- Includes assembling sub-assemblies, complete or final assemblies for a range of product sizes within the product line.
- Rotate through different tasks on the assembly line.
- Hand assembly and visual inspection
- Setting up equipment and operation
- Align, fit and adjust parts to meet operating requirements of procedure.
- Achieve daily production goals while ensuring compliance to company manufacturing instructions
- Maintain and complete necessary quality documentation.
- Working independently and within a team
- Other duties as assigned from time to time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to:
- Work independently and within a functional team
- Be flexible and open to change; self-directed and motivated; task oriented
- Manage conflict in a positive manner
- Stand or sit for long periods of time and perform hand intensive repetitive assembly of product(s)
- Must possess good verbal and written skills
- Quality focus
- Attention to detail
- Time management
- Basic computer skills with the ability to learn more advance system
- Quick learner; and possess strong interpersonal skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School graduate or General Education Degree (GED). One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be able to follow written procedures, correctly use measuring devices and read drawings as required.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, safety procedures, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence, properly fill out records, logs, and device history records.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carryout instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Ability to add, and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
EMPLOYMENT WITH APYX MEDICAL
All employment with Apyx Medical is considered employment-at-will. Employment-at-will means that either party can sever the employment at any time for any reason. Additionally, the responsibilities and functions outlined in the description may be changed or modified at any time by Apyx Medical in response to its changing needs and at its sole absolute discretion.
Please forward your resume, along with your salary requirements to: Human Resources, Apyx Medical Corporation, 5115 Ulmerton Road, Clearwater, FL 33760 or email HR@apyxmedical.com.
APPLYING FOR EMPLOYMENT
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Apyx Medical team, you may download our Employment Application PDF, fill it out, and send it along with your resume using any of the following methods:
EMAIL OUR HUMAN
MAIL A HARD COPY
Apyx Medical Corporation
5115 Ulmerton Road
Clearwater, FL 33760-4004