Reports to: Controller
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Assistant Controller is responsible for overseeing accounting staff, maintaining accounting records, and producing periodic and ad-hoc financial reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Understands and follows established financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems
- Proactively identifies issues and proposes solutions
- Collaborates on the development of the financial strategy, including risk minimization plans and opportunity forecasting
- Protects assets by practicing internal controls
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits; providing information to external auditors
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements; files financial reports; advising management on needed actions
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required (Master’s degree preferred)
- CPA preferred
- Manufacturing company experience preferred
- 4-6 years’ experience in public accounting auditing required
- Accounting research experience required
- Internal control experience required, Sarbanes-Oxley experience preferred
- Management experience preferred
- Strong understanding of tax codes and laws
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- High-level financial reporting and analysis
- Improving efficiencies and reducing costs across the business
- Stakeholder management
- Ensuring compliance with statutory law and financial regulations
- Developing financial reviews
- Working closely with management or executive teams to share reports and analysis findings
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee may be asked to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electric shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
I acknowledge that this job description is used for outlining current major functions and responsibilities of the position and should not be construed to create a contract or guarantee of employment. I understand that all employment with Apyx Medical is considered employment-at-will. Employment at Will means that either party can sever the employment at any time for any reason. Additionally, the responsibilities and functions outlined in the description may be changed or modified at any time by Apyx Medical in response to its changing needs and at its sole and absolute discretion.
EMPLOYMENT WITH APYX MEDICAL
All employment with Apyx Medical is considered employment-at-will. Employment-at-will means that either party can sever the employment at any time for any reason. Additionally, the responsibilities and functions outlined in the description may be changed or modified at any time by Apyx Medical in response to its changing needs and at its sole absolute discretion.
To apply, click the button below.
APPLYING FOR EMPLOYMENT
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Apyx Medical team, click the button below.