Apyx™ Medical, a rapidly growing Medical Device Manufacture, is recruiting an experienced Buyer to join our innovated team in Clearwater, FL. This position reports to the Director of Global Operations and performs procurement functions within the supply chain. Must have experience with ERP Systems and possess better than average computer skills. Must have 5 years’ experience in purchasing/inventory control, have good people skills, be able to work closely with multiple suppliers and be a team player.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Develop, and manage purchasing strategies by identifying and achieving objectives related to such areas as price targets, supplier performance expectations, supplier qualification criteria, cost reductions, inventory turns, and supply chain performance
- Create and implement Lean Procurement strategies that meet business requirements by improving quality and delivery
- Analyze actual purchases and forecasts, and adjust strategies accordingly
- Negotiate purchase price variances with key suppliers to reduce overall material spend while improving quality and delivery
- Purchase order management, including but not limited to issuing POs, update pricing, review scheduling, and tracking deliveries as needed
- Daily communication with overseas and domestic suppliers- RFQs, addressing issues, tracking shipment schedules
- Work with operations to review production plans on a weekly basis
- Improve business results through effective supplier management and relations by:
- Establishing and maintaining the relationships
- Track and evaluate supplier performance including pricing, terms, deliveries, quality, communications, etc.
- Support and/or lead issues resolution between suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Lead improvement and resolution projects related to performance
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred and 5-8 years purchasing experience in manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical field is a plus
- High interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively internally and externally
- ERP fundamentals and MRP working knowledge
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EMPLOYMENT WITH APYX MEDICAL
All employment with Apyx Medical is considered employment-at-will. Employment-at-will means that either party can sever the employment at any time for any reason. Additionally, the responsibilities and functions outlined in the description may be changed or modified at any time by Apyx Medical in response to its changing needs and at its sole and absolute discretion.
Join the team where we offer a rewarding work experience, compensation and benefits package. Salary is commensurate with professional experience. For immediate consideration, please forward your resume, along with salary requirements, to: Amy Cascio, Apyx Medical Corporation, 5115 Ulmerton Road, Clearwater, FL 33760-4004 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
APPLYING FOR EMPLOYMENT
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Apyx Medical team, you may download our Employment Application PDF, fill it out, and send it along with your resume using any of the following methods:
EMAIL OUR HUMAN
MAIL A HARD COPY
c/o Apyx Medical Corporation
5115 Ulmerton Road
Clearwater, FL 33760-4004