Senior Manufacturing Engineer-Operations
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer-Operations is responsible for the sustainment of manufacturing, product reliability and process repeatability within operations. This role provides support to R&D and is an integral part of the Product Realization Team in the design for manufacturability. This role is also a major support for manufacturing and is responsible for issue resolution and continuous improvement of released product/process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
R&D – Supports activities as required.
New Product Realization (NPR) – Provide engineering support to cross functional team by ensuring consistent application of manufacturing processes:
- Support the design, develop, and implement manufacturing processes, work instructions, and process routers
- Support implementation of equipment and fixture installation
- Support in estimate costs, production times, or staffing requirements for new designs
- Review product designs for manufacturability or completeness
- Support process and product validations for new products
- Support NPR team with process characterization, process capability to ensure yield and quality targets are met
- Provide expertise in Design for Manufacturability, Design for Assembly and Design for Lean Manufacturing
- Collaborate and support NPR Manufacturing Engineer and Sustaining Quality Engineer to be collectively accountable for effective design transfer to manufacturing
Production Control and Sustaining Engineering – Responsible for the released product/process performance conformance to established processes:
- Develop and implement process control techniques and procedures into the manufacturing process
- Lead in validation/verification on processes, fixtures, and equipment with the support of Quality Engineering
- Creation and implementation of engineering documentation including engineering changes orders
- Revise manufacturing procedures, work instructions and process routers
- Create and maintain accurate documentation of tool and fixture drawings
- Regularly monitor manufacturing processes for sustainment
- Responsible for managing projects and driving for results through building relationships with internal and external personnel
- Assist Manufacturing Manager with operator training on processes and techniques
Continuous Improvement – Responsible for process innovation with emphasis on improving quality, reducing process variation, reducing cycle time and achieving cost reduction initiatives:
- Implement and apply continuous process improvements through the use of lean manufacturing, six sigma or other techniques to enhance manufacturing quality, reliability, or cost-effectiveness
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout
- Work closely with the manufacturing department to evaluate and improve manufacturing processes for the enhancement of quality, cost reduction, and throughput to reduce bottlenecks
- Design and develop manufacturing processes for enhancements, product changes, and related equipment, fixtures and tooling
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies
- Other duties may be assigned from time to time
Issue Resolution – Lead support for operations in the identification and resolution in manufacturing process issues:
- Troubleshoot and resolve new or existing process or product issues in manufacturing
- Determine root causes of failures using statistical methods and recommend changes in designs, tolerances, or processing methods
- Resolve quality issues by examining solution options, implementing actions plans, and evaluating effectiveness
QUALITY ASSURANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
The individual must comply with the following quality system requirements including but not limited to:
- Use only formally approved procedures, records, documents and specifications known as “Control Documents” (e.g., device history records, data collection forms, drawings, procedures, and specifications).
- Use only properly calibrated and maintained equipment.
- Immediately bring to attention of the head of the Quality Assurance Department any possible deviations from specified Standard Operating Procedures or Work Instructions he or she may notice.
- Ensure no components, parts, manufacturing materials or products will be released unless they meet all inspection and test criteria.
- Follow all Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions relating to the functions preformed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree (BA or BS) from four-year College or University, or ten years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education. This candidate should have skills in the following areas:
- Experience in QSR, ISO, SPC, Project Management, and leading teams
- Expert knowledge in Lean Manufacturing, CAPA, Process Validation, Root Cause Analysis FMEA/Risk Assessment, and PDCA
- Mechanical drafting using AutoCAD and/or SolidWorks
- Packaging experience and tray sealer experience
- Able to follow written procedures correctly using measuring devices and read drawings as required
- Excellent time management, prioritization skills and ability to meet multiple deadlines in fast passed environment
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills; Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an expensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- High degree of judgment and integrity required to deal with complex factors not easily evaluated, making decisions based on conclusions for which there is little precedent.
- Attention to Detail, Thoroughness, Dealing with Complexity
- The ability to perform at high levels in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Proficient in MS Office
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conforms to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to personnel of all levels from top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors to introductory level employees.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electric shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
EMPLOYMENT WITH APYX MEDICAL
All employment with Apyx Medical is considered employment-at-will. Employment-at-will means that either party can sever the employment at any time for any reason. Additionally, the responsibilities and functions outlined in the description may be changed or modified at any time by Apyx Medical in response to its changing needs and at its sole and absolute discretion.
Join the team where we offer a rewarding work experience, compensation and benefits package. Salary is commensurate with professional experience. For immediate consideration, please forward your resume, along with salary requirements, to: Amy Cascio, Apyx Medical Corporation, 5115 Ulmerton Road, Clearwater, FL 33760-4004 or e-mail email@example.com.
APPLYING FOR EMPLOYMENT
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Apyx™ Medical team, you may download our Employment Application PDF, fill it out, and send it along with your resume using any of the following methods:
EMAIL OUR HUMAN
MAIL A HARD COPY
c/o Apyx Medical Corporation
5115 Ulmerton Road
Clearwater, FL 33760-4004