Reports to: Director of Corporate & Strategic Events
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Event Specialist’s primary responsibility is to successfully execute the logistics associated with event facilities, speakers, tradeshow, audio visual and other suppliers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Support Company’s core values and company objectives by providing a high level of internal and external service.
- Perform basic clerical duties and maintain databases, create reports, write letters, and work on other general support activities.
- Maintain rapport with customers, managers, and employees by arranging continuing contacts; researching and developing new services and methods; setting priorities; resolving problem situations.
- Coordinate services for events, such as accommodation and transportation for participants, facilities, catering, signage, displays, special needs requirements, and printing.
- Resolve administrative problems by analyzing information, identifying and communication solutions.
- Manage small-scale events (regional tradeshows)
- General event, vendor, conference, and tradeshow coordination. Maintain records of event aspects, including financial details.
- Assist in creating and managing the event production plan
- Assist with execution of events on-site to ensure success
- To work with venue catering, audio visual, and event managers to coordinate event and conference logistics
- Working with speakers and tradeshow vendors to manage all requirements (before, during and after events)
- Set up and maintain online registration systems
- Respond to general event inquiries
- Collaborate with the Marketing Team for marketing efforts
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Diploma in Special Events Planning or equivalent work experience
- Core interest in corporate/business events and planning
- 1-3 years relevant event experience (conference planning an asset)
- Outstanding organizational skills with superior attention to detail
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to support a team-oriented environment
- Ability to work in a challenging, fast-paced, ever-changing environment with tight deadlines
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, demonstrating discretion and sound judgement
- Able to prioritize tasks to ensure all events are completed in an efficient manner
Travel up to 30%
Proficiency in Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook and general office equipment.
Required to attend semi/annual Global Sales and Corporate functions/meetings.
EMPLOYMENT WITH APYX MEDICAL
All employment with Apyx Medical is considered employment-at-will. Employment-at-will means that either party can sever the employment at any time for any reason. Additionally, the responsibilities and functions outlined in the description may be changed or modified at any time by Apyx Medical in response to its changing needs and at its sole absolute discretion.
To apply, click the button below.
APPLYING FOR EMPLOYMENT
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Apyx Medical team, click the button below.