Reports to: Creative Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Graphic Designer will be responsible for designing print and digital materials that effectively promote Apyx® products and reflect the Apyx branding. This position will be a part of the Marketing team and will also support other internal departments and collaborate with external vendors as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following but not limited to:
- Design all manner of creative projects including brochures, flyers, invites, banners, ads, booth graphics, emails, web graphics, webpages, event signage, diagrams, icons, logos, videos, etc.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Team and other internal stakeholders to establish project goals, requirements, and timelines. Communicate with project stakeholders throughout the design process to ensure project is on-track and will be delivered as expected.
- Move design projects throughout the creative process from start to finish, including concepting, initial design, and revisions.
- Implement proper use of Apyx branding in all designs, ensuring that all logos, colors, fonts, and images are on-brand.
- Follow all graphic design best practices and standards throughout the creative process.
- Route final jobs for approval and file all necessary paperwork with the Documentation department.
- For printed materials, manage jobs through the print process, sending the final artwork to the print vendor, requesting estimates, filling out PO paperwork, approving print proofs, and arranging delivery as needed.
- Collaborate with other vendors or freelances as needed.
- Work on multiple projects at once, in a very fast-paced environment. Must be able to work well under pressure and shift priorities as needed.
- Use the Adobe Creative Suite for the following: Photoshop for photo manipulation, color correction, creation of clipping paths; Illustrator for logo and vector graphic creation and editing; InDesign for design of print collateral; Dreamweaver for creation of HTML web and email content; Premiere and After Effects for video creation and editing; Acrobat for the creation of web and print-ready PDFs and interactive forms.
- Use WordPress to manage company websites, including the following tasks: website design changes, content updates, electronic form creation, and website user access.
- Use Hubspot to manage the marketing contact database, create/deploy email campaigns, and generate reports to track email campaign results.
- Organize and maintain the design files archive.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities in the area of physical demands and work environment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Digital Media Design or related field, or comparable Design experience
- 5+ years of experience in graphic design role in Marketing and/or agency environments
- Must have a portfolio demonstrating strong print and digital design skills
ATTRIBUTES & CRITICAL COMPETENCIES
- General Attributes & Skills:
- Passionate about design
- Has strong visual design, layout, and typographic skills with excellent attention to detail
- Able to work well with a remote team
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Has a can-do, professional and positive attitude
- Highly organized and able to work on multiple projects at once
- Experience managing outside vendors and printers, including 3+ years’ experience on press checks with a solid understanding of the printing process
- Experience setting up photography artwork files/mechanicals for design and print production. Includes: photo retouching, color correcting, clipping path creation, scaling, cropping, repositioning, and pre-flighting of photo files in preparation for and through production process
- Ability to write creative headlines and promotional copy
- Digital photography experience is preferred, but not required
- Fluent in Spanish is a plus
- Software & Platform Skills:
- Mastery of the Adobe Creative Suite of programs including Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat, Dreamweaver, After Effects, and Premiere
- Proficient in HTML, CSS, and WordPress
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Experience using Google Analytics to generate reports and track website usage
- Experience using email marketing platforms
- Experience managing contact databases using platforms such as Hubspot
- Experience managing website domain names through DNS services such as GoDaddy
- Working knowledge of social media platforms including Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter. Experience with social media analytics platforms such as Meltwater preferred but not required
- IOS or Android app development experience is a plus
EMPLOYMENT WITH APYX MEDICAL
All employment with Apyx Medical is considered employment-at-will. Employment-at-will means that either party can sever the employment at any time for any reason. Additionally, the responsibilities and functions outlined in the description may be changed or modified at any time by Apyx Medical in response to its changing needs and at its sole and absolute discretion.
Join the team where we offer a rewarding work experience, compensation and benefits package. Salary is commensurate with professional experience. For immediate consideration, please forward your resume, along with salary requirements, to: Asanka Abeyratne, Apyx Medical Corporation, 5115 Ulmerton Road, Clearwater, FL 33760-4004 or e-mail HR@apyxmedical.com.
APPLYING FOR EMPLOYMENT
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Apyx Medical team, you may download our Employment Application PDF, fill it out, and send it along with your resume using any of the following methods:
EMAIL OUR HUMAN
MAIL A HARD COPY
c/o Apyx Medical Corporation
5115 Ulmerton Road
Clearwater, FL 33760-4004