Corporate Events Coordinator
Department: Sales Support
Reports to: Director of Corporate & Strategic Events
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Corporate Events Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that each event is well-organized, meets the objectives of the organization, stays within budget, and provides a positive experience for all participants.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Coordinate all logistical aspects of regional trade show participation, including booth design, booth space selection, ordering show services, and shipping of necessary equipment and collateral
- Coordinate staffing needs, schedule booth personnel, and provide guidance to team members attending events
- Collaborate with the marketing team to develop promotional materials and strategies for events
- Communicate with internal stakeholders (such as senior management and different departments) and external parties (like customers and partners) to ensure their needs and expectations are met related to events
- Coordinate with external vendors for services such as catering, audio-visual equipment, and transportation
- Brainstorm themes, objectives, and formats for events
- Conduct post-event evaluations to measure success, gather feedback, and make recommendations for improvement
- Maintain an up-to-date calendar of upcoming trade shows and events
- Manage event budgets, negotiate contracts with vendors, and ensure cost-effective solutions are implemented
- Schedule and organize training sessions, workshops, and seminars for sales teams
- Generate reports on training performance and provide insights for improvement
- Assist with the creation and updates of training modules
- Assist in coordination of Global Sales meeting and other corporate events
- Create and manage event registration sites
- Manage attendee lists, sending out invitations, tracking RSVPs, and handling attendee inquiries
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as business, marketing, communications, or a related discipline is preferred
- 3-5 years of previous experience in event coordination, or related roles is required
- Experience in coordinating events, including trade shows, workshops, seminars, or similar activities
- Knowledge of event logistics, such as venue booking, equipment setup, and catering coordination
- Excellent organizational and project management skills to ensure that events run smoothly
- Proficiency in pre-event and post-event planning, including marketing, briefing team members, and post-event evaluation
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to effectively interact with sales teams, subject matter experts (SMEs), vendors, and event attendees
- Analytical skills to evaluate the success of trade show participation, including ROI analysis
- Capacity to provide guidance and support to sales representatives during training sessions
- Leadership skills to conduct pre-event briefings and assign roles and responsibilities to booth staff during trade shows
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced and sometimes unpredictable environment, especially during trade show events
- Adaptability to handle high-pressure situations and changing circumstances
- Proficiency in using various software tools and platforms related to training development, event coordination, and reporting
Travel up 15-20%
Proficiency in Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook and general office equipment.
Required to attend semi/annual Global Sales and Corporate functions/meetings.
QUALITY ASSURANCE RESPONSIBILITIES: The individual must comply with the following quality system requirements including but not limited to:
- Use only formally approved procedures, records, documents and specifications known as “Control Documents” (e.g., device history records, data collection forms, drawings, procedures, and specifications).
- Use only properly calibrated and maintained equipment.
- Immediately bring to attention of the head of the Quality Assurance department any possible deviations from specified Standard Operating Procedures or Work Instructions he or she may notice.
- Ensure no components, parts, manufacturing materials or products will be released unless they meet all inspection and test criteria.
- Follow all Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions relating to the functions preformed.
- Ensure all purchasing documents are completed to Work Instructions.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to respond to inquiries from our internal and external customers and communicate (orally and in writing) in a professional manner when dealing with all employees, vendors and company contacts.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electric shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This job description is used for outlining current major functions and responsibilities of the position and should not be construed to create a contract or guarantee of employment. All employment with Apyx Medical is considered employment-at-will. Employment at Will means that either party can sever the employment at any time for any reason. Additionally, the responsibilities and functions outlined in the description may be changed or modified at any time by Apyx Medical in response to its changing needs and at its sole and absolute discretion.
EMPLOYMENT WITH APYX MEDICAL
All employment with Apyx Medical is considered employment-at-will. Employment-at-will means that either party can sever the employment at any time for any reason. Additionally, the responsibilities and functions outlined in the description may be changed or modified at any time by Apyx Medical in response to its changing needs and at its sole absolute discretion.
To apply, click the button below.
APPLYING FOR EMPLOYMENT
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Apyx Medical team, click the button below.