Senior Manager, New Technology Development
Reports to: Sr. Director of R&D
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Senior Manager, New Technology is responsible for the evaluation and development of new technology for the business. This is a key role for the company, providing scientific and engineering expertise and building a pipeline of fully vetted concepts for eventual transfer to product development teams for commercialization. The position requires a team-oriented individual with a strong background in early technology development and evaluation and pre-clinical research.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manage and conduct all pre-clinical research activities for evaluation of new technology and further scientific understanding of current products.
- Design and execute bench top experiments in-house and with outside test labs.
- Work directly with clinicians to establish robust research protocols and to solicit feedback
on new technology.
- Draft pre-clinical research protocols and reports.
- Facilitate publication of pre-clinical research data in peer-reviewed journal articles.
- Present pre-clinical research data at scientific conferences and tradeshows.
- Develop aggressive but realistic research project timelines.
- Drive results through building relationships and strong technical decision making.
- Present status of plans and projects to company management.
- Develop strong product knowledge to provide technical expertise to other functional areas.
- MS degree in Science (Physics, Chemistry, Molecular/Cell Biology), Engineering (Mechanical, Biomedical), or other relevant technical/scientific discipline required.
- PhD in Science (Physics, Chemistry, Molecular/Cell Biology), Engineering (Mechanical, Biomedical), or other relevant technical/scientific discipline preferred.
- A minimum of 8+ years of experience (with progressively increasing responsibility) is required.
- Previous early-stage medical technology development experience in industry or academia is required.
- Previous experience in a highly regulated environment for Class II medical devices is required.
- Previous experience in cold atmospheric plasma applications and/or regenerative medicine is highly preferred.
- Previous experience participating in intellectual property applications and reviews is preferred.
- Experience using analytical equipment and methods, for example FTIR, UV/VIS Spectroscopy, HPLC, Mass Spectrometry etc.
- Executing pre-clinical research studies
- Experience in managing projects with tight timelines
- Experience working with clinicians to develop robust research study protocols and evaluate new technology
- Design verification and validation protocol and report writing
- Working knowledge of statistical tools such as DOE, Statistical Process Control, and Hypothesis Testing
- Ability to identify and resolve issues without direct supervision
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively handle conflict through proactive action and direct and timely communication
- Excellent time management skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Leadership and self-starter qualities
- Ability to prioritize workload, meet multiple deadlines simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Basic knowledge of intellectual property laws and the ability to review patent claims and understand their relevance
EMPLOYMENT WITH APYX MEDICAL
All employment with Apyx Medical is considered employment-at-will. Employment-at-will means that either party can sever the employment at any time for any reason. Additionally, the responsibilities and functions outlined in the description may be changed or modified at any time by Apyx Medical in response to its changing needs and at its sole absolute discretion.
To apply, click the button below.
APPLYING FOR EMPLOYMENT
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Apyx Medical team, click the button below.